The Loyola Marymount University School of Education is proud to present its 2018 Impact Report – Imagine It. Believe It. Be It: Today’s Dreams, Tomorrow’s Reality.View the Digital Dashboard
Today, we stand at a crossroads in PK-20 education, with the futures of our children and our society depending on leaders to dream, advocate and act for transformed classrooms and communities where all students are engaged in learning and realizing their full potential.
At the LMU SOE, we prepare leaders and change agents who partner with all stakeholders to turn these dreams into realities. We are a part of a university firmly rooted at the nexus of imagination and innovation, dedicated to both dreaming and doing. And we are producing results — whether it’s offering new programs that meet the demands of educators, finding new ways to engage students in STEM or working globally to share our knowledge and learn from others. As this year’s Impact Report attests, these efforts are changing the equation for public, charter and Catholic education in Los Angeles, and across the globe.
Highlights from the 2018 Impact Report Include:
- In U.S. News & World Report’s latest “Best Graduate Schools” listing, LMU moved up four spots to place 58th in the country out of approximately 1,500 schools, colleges and departments of education nationwide, and among the top two Jesuit institutions nationally.
- New STEM-focused Initiatives
- We continue to lead and enhance STEM education in K-12 settings and have expanded our STEM-focused initiatives this year. One of these is the debut of an Upward Bound Math and Science program, which prepares traditionally underrepresented high school students for STEM-focused studies in college. The program is made possible by a $1.3 million U.S. Department of Education grant awarded to LMU.
- SOE Faculty and Alumni Advance Education Around the World
- We strive to be globally engaged educators. This year, we expanded our reach internationally, which includes great success in Fulbright awards that have sent faculty and alumni to Colombia, Indonesia, Laos and Spain.
- Ensuring a Diverse and Skilled Education Workforce through Outstanding Programs
- Our nationally ranked and accredited programs, led by distinguished faculty, prepare world-class professionals who embrace diversity, excellence and care in their work in PK-20 schools. This year, we established and expanded several programs in response to the needs of today’s educators.
- The SOE and university’s education unit secured more than $7 million in sponsored research and contracts.
View the 2018 Impact Report: